Friday, December 27, 2013

Tremont jacket and Entropy shawl

I just completed the Tremont jacket from the Jean Frost book, Jackets.  I used Forsell 100% wool Slolom in jade.  I converted the hand knit to machine.  I used my Brother 270 at T6 and had to convert the gauge.  The skirt was one that I drafted.  Both are in stockinette with crochet edgings.  I used the puff crochet stitch from the book but added an extra row of crab stitch to finish off the jacket.  The skirt has a single crochet and then crab stitch on the bottom hem.  Right now the jacket is a little large for me but I have not washed it yet.  When I do, I expect/hope that it shrinks to the gauge of my washed and dried swatch.  All in all, though, it is wearable as it is.  It is 100% wool and will be very warm for this winter.  I just hope the skirt does not seat out too badly.  I have already sewn a half slip in jade that should work as a lining.



No comments: